What are some things to do in Arvada, Colorado?
Nestled between the bustling city of Denver and the natural wonders of the Rocky Mountains, Arvada is a gem that offers a small-town vibe while being close to big city amenities. Whether you are a lover of the great outdoors, a history buff, or someone who appreciates fine dining and the arts, Arvada has something for everyone. In this blog post, we'll take a look at some of the must-see spots and activities you can enjoy once you've settled in.
Explore Olde Town Arvada
One of the first places you should visit is Olde Town Arvada. This charming area boasts historical architecture, boutique shops, and plenty of dining options. Stroll down Grandview Avenue and you'll see why Olde Town is the heart of the community. Don't forget to visit the Arvada Flour Mill Museum and learn about the area’s rich history.
- Olde Town Water Tower: A historic landmark that offers panoramic views of the surrounding area.
- Rheinlander Bakery: A local favorite for European pastries and treats.
- Arvada Historical Society: A treasure trove for those interested in learning more about Arvada’s past.
Outdoor Adventures Await
The beauty of Arvada is that you don’t have to go far to be one with nature. Whether you like hiking, biking, or just enjoying a day at the park, the city has got you covered.
Recommended Outdoor Spots:
- Standley Lake Regional Park: A must-visit for hiking, bird-watching, and camping.
- Ralston Creek Trail: Perfect for biking or a leisurely walk.
- Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge: A great spot for education and relaxation.
Arts and Culture
If you appreciate the arts, Arvada offers a plethora of options from community theaters to art galleries.
- Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities: Offers theatre performances, galleries, and art classes.
- Festival Playhouse: The oldest community theater in Arvada, offering a variety of shows year-round.
Dining and Nightlife
Arvada’s food scene offers an array of choices from gourmet dining to food trucks. For the beer lovers, the city also has a thriving craft beer culture.
- School House Kitchen and Libations: Known for its creative cocktails and comfort food.
- Odyssey Beerwerks: Perfect for those who appreciate craft beers.
- New Image Brewing: A local brewery with a varied selection and outdoor seating.
If you’re moving to Arvada with family, there’s a host of options to keep kids (and adults) entertained.
- Majestic View Nature Center: Offers various programs and a chance to interact with Colorado’s native flora and fauna.
- Arvada Skate Park: One of the largest skate parks in the country, suitable for all skill levels.
- Clear Creek: Technically in Golden, you and the family can walk, tube, or kayak down Clear Creek all throughout the summer – it's an awesome spot, just 10 min from Arvada! Don't forget to stop at Golden Mill after :)
Seasonal Events and Festivals
Arvada hosts various seasonal events like the Chocolate Affair in February, the Arvada Harvest Festival in September, and holiday lighting ceremonies in December. Keep an eye on local listings to join in the fun.
Get out there!
Arvada, Colorado is more than just a beautiful location; it’s a community. The perfect blend of natural beauty and modern amenities make it a wonderful place to live. Welcome to your new home in Arvada; it's a decision you won't regret!
Remember, the best way to get to know your new hometown is to get out there and explore - either in the summer or winter, it's a beautiful town and area. Happy adventuring!
(Pssst - and unlike Denver, Arvada's city government doesn't offer composting, so don't forget to sign up to reduce food waste and emissions!)